Hello, my name is Danielle. I'm 18 years old and I'm looking for my own good health. I'm a person who gets sick alot, I always have been. Overweight for most of my life, and currently I'm obese. No I'm not huge, I'm only 5'3" and 170 pounds. I would look like an average person, but this is what America's "average" has turned into. The country with the "pill for every ill" mentality. I was very ill as a child with stomach problems, and doctors could never find out what was wrong with me. Gradually I got slightly better and could go through life normally, but I never actually felt good. So lately I've decided I'm turning to Mother Nature to help me by actually eating a healthy vegetarian diet, working out on a regular basis, and resisting the chemical creations of the food industry. Support from like minded people would always be a plus :) Thank you.
I live in, and I am from, Canada. So I have always had health care taken care of by the government through the taxes that we (Canadians) pay. I believe that if people took better care of the nutrition side of the health equation far more money would be left over to take care of education, and other aspects of health. Everyone from every where in the word should do their best to be in the best of health.
To avoid dairy and soy use nut milk products, tempeh, and eat non packaged foods as much possible. The less ingredients the less likely something is contaminated with soy and will make you sick. Smoothies are great, and oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast! Dr Neal Barnard (youtube) has a lot of info for new vegans that might be helpful. Also you do not need dairy or a dairy replacement really the only liquid you need is water. Dark greens have plenty of calcium!
Thank you so much for your help, I’ll definitely have to check Dr. Barnard out. Thanks again!
You shouldn't eat/drink dairy anyway. Use almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, etc. (I listed it in order of my personal preference from most to least). Soy allergies make it difficult for anyone, so you might want to start preparing your own foods just to be certain it isn't contaminated.
Thank you so much, I’ll be doing just that!
Try rice, almond, hazelnut or coconut milk. There is more than that but my mind is going blank right now, if I was you I would make sure they were fortified with vitamins too!
Thank you! I bought some almond milk but sometimes it just has a very almond-y taste that I’m not always in the mood for. I do prefer rice milk though, thank you!
Dairy and soy allergies? Vegetarian? Try a whole foods, plant based diet. So eat stuff like veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
Thank you so much! I’ve seen many documentaries on whole foods, plant based diet and it sounds great, I just don’t have all that much money so sometimes its kinda hard. But thank you and I’ll be eating more of a whole foods plant based diet :)
Anyone have any tips for a vegetarian allergic to dairy and soy?
And one day you realize you were never meant to fit in. You were born to stand out.
THIS IS MY 800 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY! I’m really excited to do this as possibly this could prompt a lot of my followers to talk to me! I’d love to form some amazing bonds with people SOOOO ask away, talk to me, lets have a party.
- Three LunchSkins from Reuseit.com: one sandwich sized, one snack sized, one stuff sack. (colors your choice)
- The Oster Single Serving Blender.
- A $15 giftcard to The Fresh Market, Whole Foods, or the likeness in your city. An organic centered store please.
- 2 cases of The Republic of Tea, flavors your choice.
- Nike Weighted Jump Rope
- 10 Full Sized Luna Bars in flavors of your choice.
- You must be following me.
- YOU MUST REBLOG.
- Reblog as many times as you like.
- Likes will not count in any way at all.
- I will use a random generator website to pick the winner.
- The winner will have 24 hours to respond to my message and then 48 hours to pick their flavors, store, ETC. SO HAVE YOUR ASK BOX ON.
- I will ship to anywhere, USA, Europe, Timbuktu, i don’t care. (But if you live in Europe, you need to become my friend for when I visit next March ahaha)
- You do not have to be a fitblr to win, but show some interest in exercise or weight loss please.
- Feel free to ask any questions you wish.
- This is hopefully the first of many giveaways!
- This giveaway ends JULY 3RD, 2012 at 7:00pm
1/9 older »